Last Updated: July 1, 2015
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any interactive features of our services, fill out a form, request customer support, provide any contact or identifying information or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your email address, mobile number, information from your Facebook profile, and information from your phone's address book, if you choose to provide it.
When you send or receive links, we also collect, process, and store the contents of those links (such as messages) on our servers. The contents of those links are also stored on the devices of recipients. You should not use LinkMeUp to send links or messages that you wouldn't want to be saved.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you, and about the device you use to access our services, including:
- Usage - When you send or receive links, messages, or "likes" and "loves" (henceforth, termed reactions) through the LinkMeUp application, we collect information about these interactions, including the time, date, sender, recipients, and the contents of the interactions themselves; and
- Device information - We collect information about your device, including your device type, and a device token to uniquely identify your device if you allow LinkMeUp to send you push notifications.
For more details about how we collect information, please see "Your Information Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
In order to provide you with access to the Service, or to provide you with better service in general, we may combine information obtained from other sources (for example, a third-party service whose application you have authorized or used to sign in) and combine that with information we collect through our services.
Use of Information
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our services;
- Provide services you request, process transactions and to send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about news and information related to our service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services; and
- Personalize and improve our services.
By accessing and using our services, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information in and to the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With other users when you send them links, including your username or Facebook display name and the content of the links you send;
- When you send a friend request, the user receives your username or Facebook display name;
- When you make a LinkMeUp account through the authenticated Facebook login option or link an existing LinkMeUp account to your Facebook profile, your Friends tab displays the username or Facebook display name of your Facebook friends with LinkMeUp accounts;
- If other users search for a username or email address in the Friends Tab search bar, and there is an exact match, the user has the option to send that account a friend request. No other identifying information about that user is provided;
- LinkMeUp does not allow users to discover other accounts, unless 1) a user has exact knowledge of a username or email address and searches for it, 2) the account holder is an immediate Facebook friend, or 3) the account holder's phone number is listed in your address book.
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- To enforce applicable user agreements or policies, including our Terms of Service; and to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities;
- In connection with any merger, sale of LinkMeUp assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Third Party Analytics
We work with Parse to provide analytics in connection with the LinkMeUp mobile application. For more information about Parse's privacy practices, please visit https://parse.com/about/privacy
. Parse is a separate company and cannot assist with LinkMeUp-specific issues. To contact LinkMeUp, please email support AT linkmeupmessenger DOT com.
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You can only receive links, messages, and reactions from users that you have added to your friends list. Though a malicious user can discover any user account, hypothetically, through an exact username or email search and send a friend request, a malicious user cannot, by an means, further contact the request recipient through the LinkMeUp application, unless the friend request is accepted.
LinkMeUp may send push notifications or alerts to your device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device from the built-in Settings panel.
You can delete the LinkMeUp application from your phone at any time. Note your account information will persist, unless you explicitly contact us about deleting your account.
If you wish to delete your account, please send us an email at support AT linkmeupmessenger DOT com.